The bottom line is that Portland Velo offers the best club cycling experience in the entire Portland metro area, bar none. Everyone has someone to ride with; no one gets dropped. And, we all walk away smiling.
How To Join or Renew Your Membership
- Well organized and planned rides
- Access to our Website features
- Special offers from gear manufacturers
- Best of all, an outstanding group of people!
- Be part of our Velo Social Network
If you have any problems with the online signup below please download the member registration/waiver form, fill it out completely and mail it to Portland Velo, PMB #105, 6663 SW Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy, Beaverton, OR 97225, scan and email it, or drop it off with a Portland Velo Ops Team member at a Saturday Signature club ride. Then pay by PayPal by clicking on the "Buy Now" button below. Thank you!
* If you mail your application, addition to the member database will take up to 30 days.
...If you are a new member - or want to review club guidelines and expectations - please download and read the New Member Packet below:
Riders must be 18 years of age or older to ride with Portland Velo
THIS WEEK'S SATURDAY RIDE
Classic Bike Day
Do you have a classic bike your proud of? Today is the day to show it off. Come early for coffee and donuts to see the vintage bikes. There is s special 20 mile route for the vintage bikes and anyone else who wants to join them.
There is a special route for the Classic Bikes: Classic Bikes CCW (20.5 miles, 589 ft).
The long route is two SW hills CW (40.9 miles, 1543 ft).
The short route with a little climbing One SW hill CW (32.4 miles, 1004ft). Note that not all speed groups may have ride leaders for all routes.
Also please be sure to load the current route either from the link in this email or directly from RwGPS. Route names are occasionally reused with minor changes.
PV Long Rides
PV Long Rides Guidelines:
- Long route is open to all members who can maintain an 18-20 pace
- A RwGPS link will be provided to those who register in advance. Riders are responsible for their own queue sheets and/or Garmin files using the link provided.
- Recommended size is 12 riders, but no more than 15
- Riders who join on Saturday are on a first come, first join basis
- Riders must be capable of riding a metric century
- Riders must acknowledge there may not be a group to drop back to.
- In case of flats or mechanicals, the group will stay together.
- Should the hourly forecast temperature be above 90 by 1 PM, PV Long Ride will revert to the regular route.
- We know you don’t like fenders and wetness so PV Long will only occur if roads are dry and forecast is for fair sky’s.
In December the start time will shift to 10 am due to the shortening days.
Rides will also get shorter and there will be less climbing because of the danger of fast descents on wet roads.
The safety issues shift from heat and smoke to cold, pouring rain, possibly snow and ice, and wind. The Operations team will evaluate weather predictions for Saturday and make a decision whether or not to cancel the ride Friday afternoon. If we decide to cancel email will be sent. If we decide to proceed with the ride there will not be any additional email. Occasionally we may be forced to make a decision on Saturday morning.
While we can make decisions whether the official ride is to be held or cancelled many individuals opt to ride as a non-Portland Velo ride. That decision is up to the individuals. Your health is our primary concern.