We here at PV have the motto “It’s All About the Ride!”, but sometimes Mother Nature decides that it would be best if we all stayed at home. In the Pacific Northwest we are no strangers to riding in bad weather, but heavy fog, high winds, slick road conditions and dare we say it, snow have sometimes hampered our ability to enjoy our famous Saturday Signature Rides.
As the season of crazy weather approaches, we’ve come up with the following policy for our Saturday rides:
Decisions to cancel the PV Saturday ride will be made 30 minutes before the ride based on the weather conditions at our start location in Hillsboro.
Reasons for canceling the ride include, but are not limited to:
Snow / Freezing Rain
Extreme Wind Conditions
Notice will be posted on the front page of the website and on the Portland Velo Facebook page at or shortly after 9:30 AM the day of the ride.
A PV Operations member may or may not be at the start location to further notify those who missed the web posting. (Basically if someone isn’t there to hand out the maps, the ride was probably canceled!)